Digitalcore was the leading provider of digital core analysis services to the oil and gas industry. Commencing business in second half of 2009, the company comprises world-class scientific and engineering talent who collectively have decades of experience in the research and performance of digital analysis of cores. Further, Digitalcore has an exclusive relationship with the Australian National University (ANU) and the University of the New South Wales (UNSW) –pioneers and world leaders in the foundation and development of digital core analysis technology. >>
An active consortium of 14 of the world’s largest oil and gas companies support research at these universities
The revolutionary nature of our research in digital core analysis at the ANU and the UNSW has been recognised through numerous industry awards, most recently the 2010 ENI Award for Frontier Technology in the Energy Industry, referred to as The Nobel Prize for Energy. This is proof of Digitalcore’s on-going technical leadership in the field and the industry’s acceptance of the technology.
Our most recent awards include:
- 2010 ENI Award for “Frontier Technology in the Energy Industry”.
- Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts, Society Distinguished Speaker – Mark Knackstedt, 2009-2010.
- 2009 George C. Matson Award,“Carbonate Petrophysical Parameters from 3D images”, Awarded to the Best Paper at the 2008 AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, San Antonio, TX
- “Imaging the pore scale distribution of fluids and wettability”, Best Paper, 2008 International Symposium of the Society of Core Analysts, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- “Evaluation of the reliability of prediction of petrophysical data through 3D imaging and modelling”, Alternate Best Paper, 2008 International Symposium of the Society of Core Analysts, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts, Society Distinguished Speaker – Mark Knacstedt, 2007-2008.
- Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts, Society Distinguished Speaker – Christoph Arns, 2006-2007.
- Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts, Society Distinguished Speaker – Christoph Arns, 2005-2006.
- “NMR Petrophysical Predictions on Digitized Core images, Best Poster, 46th Annual Symposium: Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts, New Orleans, LA, June 2005.
- “Digital Core Laboratory”, Best Paper, 45th Annual Symposium: Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, June 2004.
The development of Digitalcore’s unique ability to characterise rock microstructure and predict a variety of petrophysical properties from high fidelity three dimensional images, has been published widely within a number of industry publications and conferences. Totalling around 60 publications these cover the breadth of Digitalcore’s technology and service offerings:
Dynamic Rock Typing
Static Rock Typing
Geological/Petrographic Rock Typing
To be the leading service provider of integrated digital core analysis to the global petroleum industry.
- Unparalleled customer service
- Innovation and technological leadership
- Transparency and full data provision
- Safe and environmentally responsible